Tuesday, June 13, 2006

it's not comics.

um, okay. so I haven't written in this in like a year. but I'm going to have a sweet website soon, designed by Maine's own Tyler Lafreniere, so I figured I would practice blogging i.e. promote my new website. It's called notcomics.com. funny, right? It's ironic because it IS comics.

I'm at work right now. work is the teenage mutant ninja turtles. yeah that's right. in northampton, ma. I work side by side with Michael Dooney, Jim Lawson, Steve Murphy, the greats. Peter Laird's around sometimes but I haven't officially met him yet. It's me and a bunch of dudes. I scan comics all day, sometimes organize them, soon I'll be writing and drawing a comic for them. Tales of the TMNT. mmhmm. it's pretty sweet.

I gotta get my life together soon. start drawing again. I'm a lazy ass. I finished my Div 3. I graduated from college. (what?) I need to figure out how to sell stuff. need to store my artwork better. lots of things. I could be really successful if I weren't so frinkin lazy.

I'm going to make more of Adventures of a Kid, and apply for a Xeric Grant by the end of July. !!!! I'm also going back to White River Juncton for a week or two to help my friend David Fairbanks Ford organize and catalogue his fabulously weird collection in the Main Street Museum. for similar things, look up the Muutter museum in Philly and the Museum of Jurassic Technology in L.A.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get to europe cheaply enough so that I can bum around and explore with Zoe for a couple weeks. I think it's something I really need to do. It's just so dang expensive right now. pretty impossible. but i'll figure it out.

And then, back to noho for a month or so maybe. And then....New York. probably.

I really wish I could have gone to MoCCA. My sister graduated high school this weekend so I had to go to that. weird. high school really blows.

I just bought a computer. A Macbook. it'll be super easy for me to blog now. sweet. I need to learn more about it, the macbook I mean. I can make movies on it super easily. and do everything super easily, actually.

northampton is kind of boring. but I'll figure out how to make it exciting. I heard there's an abandoned train tunnel. Killer. I went for a bike ride last night with Alex and ended up in this weird part behind King street that looks like Virginia or Florida or something. that was pretty awesome.

I can't wait to get out of here and go swimming.

tonight I'm going to draw. and hook up my scanner maybe. and keep blogging the shit out of the internet. this is really for me right now. I just needed some reassurance that I do have plans, that I'm not totally insane, and that I still know how to write.

mmmhmm.

this one was really long. geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home